Tuesday, March 21, 2017

So, It's Been Awhile....

Hi! So, this is my first post since….last August? I’m really sorry about that.

I have ideas all the time for things to write about, but I either get scared to write a post because it won’t be “perfect,” or, much more simply, I forget.

I ask everyone I know who has read my blog for feedback. I want to know what you guys think! What do you like? What don’t you like? What should I do more or less of? Do you want everything to be about mental health/my life, or is it ok if I throw in some REALLY random stuff?
One person who I recently became friends with read my blog and said he was impressed, but he said he noticed some grammar issues and suggested I use Grammarly.com. At first, I was totally taken aback, because, if you know me, you know I’m a bit of a grammar Nazi/snob. I was especially surprised because he specifically mentioned that I had neglected to include an Oxford comma in a post. If you don’t know what an Oxford comma is and want to find out, here you go à https://www.grammarly.com/blog/what-is-the-oxford-comma-and-why-do-people-care-so-much-about-it/   Anyways, this was really surprising to me because I have this weird, unexplainable LOVE, ADMIRATION, and APPRECIATION for the Oxford comma. I really don’t know how to explain it…..it’s similar to my OBSESSION with mushrooms, particularly truffles. (One Christmas I got truffle oil in my stocking. Yeah, it’s that serious/weird). So, I thought about my friend’s suggestion, and as much as I want these blog posts to have proper grammar, spelling, etc. I also want it to be really true and natural to me. I think that checking my posts with Grammarly before publishing them goes against that. Plus, it’s a way for me to be vulnerable in a hopefully positive and healthy way. AND it helps me fight my ever-present and constant battle with perfectionism.

So, I will do my very best to be better about publishing posts more often. When I have a thought or idea that I think would make for an interesting post, I will try to write as soon as possible. Sidetrack: I started using Evernote recently, and oh my goodness, what a great way to keep track of my multitude of thoughts that are all over the place. Plus, the fact that I can use it both on my laptop and phone is awesome. My memory has taken a big hit since depression came into my life. In case you didn’t know, depression AND anti-depressants negatively affect memory. Yeah, it’s awesome. I have had to change the way I study for classes. The irony that anti-depressants also negatively affect memory is just…. overwhelming. It’s definitely one of those things that you have to laugh hysterically about.

I will finish this post by recommending that you check out thebloggess.com. I recently discovered Jenny Lawson thanks to a friend, and I CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF HER. I’m currently reading Furiously Happy and just received her new, totally awesome coloring book, You Are Here, in the mail. I got a signed copy!!!! Heck yes!


Thank you all for your patience. I really and truly appreciate it, and if you have ANY kind of suggestion, comment, etc. please do not hesitate to relay it to me in some fashion. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment