Sunday, March 10, 2019

My 26th and 27th Birthdays

So my 26th birthday was last year, and I didn't post anything about it because I was sick with a sinus infection, which turned into sinusitis (chronic sinus infection, yeah, apparently that's a thing), which then turned into a small case of bronchitis/walking pneumonia. All to say, it wasn't very fun and the illness dragged on way longer than I would have liked or anticipated. I think I still technically have sinusitis to this day, though I am actually able to get out of bed and do stuff and am not completely miserable. I just blow my nose more often than the average person. A significant event occurring with my 26th birthday was getting kicked off my parents' insurance. This was a pretty big fear of mine, and I had been preparing for it/thinking about it for years prior to its date. Luckily, I can get insurance through school, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. What was annoying was the two months when I had a primary and a secondary insurance. Apparently, my insurance through school was supposed to be primary all along and my parents' was supposed to be secondary but the scary lady on the phone who represented my parents' insurance adamantly ordered me that my parents' insurance was primary. So all the claims I had for the months of January-February (and there were a lot between my sinus issues and regular therapy appointments) had to be submitted twice so that they could be processed correctly. It was super fun. I feel like I am just now finished with that process.

So, my 27th birthday. Just a few weeks ago. It started off fairly well with a lovely Italian dinner the night before my birthday with my family. We went back to my parents' house and watched baby videos from when my sister and I were about 2 and 4. We were pretty cute. It was difficult to watch the videos though because quite a few of my loved ones who were pictured in the videos are no longer with us. My parents attended a memorial service for a dear family friend on the day of my birthday, so my sister was stuck with me. I slept in. Late. We went out for lunch with one of my sister's friends and then I went back to the house and slept some more (my depression has kind of been acting up so I have been sleeping ridiculous amounts). Originally, I wanted to go play with otters in Fort Worth, but that activity was booked up on the weekends until April. Finally, I roused myself from my slumber and my sister and I watched Bohemian Rhapsody and ordered pizza. We watched some more baby videos sometime on Saturday and it made me sad again. The sadness magnified to the point that I started crying on Saturday night. But it's okay because it was (kind of) my party and I could cry if I want to. Looking back on the festivities, it was really quite nice. It was low-key and relaxed, which is how I like things these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment