Sunday, January 13, 2013

Like Crazy...Good


     Like Crazy is an Indie film made in 2011. No all-star cast, at least no one I recognized (I wrote this before Jennifer Lawrence appeared), not like I’m trying to pretend to be a film critic or anything – I leave that to Hannah M. Anyways, it’s a beautiful love story. What makes it beautiful? you ask. Well, it’s REAL. Nice-looking but not god-like actors, average settings, nothing opulent. It’s like watching a recording of the tale of a friend’s, a peer’s, love story. There are real-life issues:  a long distance relationship, questions of the status of the relationship, should they see other people when they aren’t together? and the time-old question of are we forcing the relationship to work? How much effort are we really supposed to put into the relationship? If it’s meant to be, it will happen, right?

            Then there are the beautiful examples of perfect, meaningful gifts. I include this because people seem to find the whole gift giving process rather difficult. The boy, a furniture designer, gives the girl the first piece of his craftsmanship. It is a beautiful chair on which she sits to do her writing. From the girl to the boy – a beautiful, handmade book documenting their relationship and accompanied by souvenirs/momentos.

            According to Netflix, we (the users of the account who wield a vast spectrum of taste in entertainment) would give it a 3.3 star rating. I, ironically, am giving it a 5 star rating. Take or leave my recommendation, after all I’m just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment